Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The blog that was posted by Politics:  Not Worth My Vote titled Mandatory Drug Testing To Receive Welfare Benefits brings up many issues about our welfare system and it's fairness.  I currently am a receiver of unemployment due to outsourcing.  Because of where I live, jobs are few and far between.  I live over an hour from Austin and jobs in the Burnet area are low paying and nonexistant.  Because of all of the people collecting unemployment, it cuts benefits to those that are actually looking for employment and can't find a decent paying job.  I agree that drug testing should be required to receive any type of welfare to include unemployment.  The writer posts a good point that drug testing is required to get a job so it should be required to qualify for help.  I worked for over 20 years without collecting unemployment and I don't think that it is right that my benefits might be cut because of lack of funding because of the number of people on welfare.  I also believe that all of the classes to help you get a job that are available at the workforce offices should be available at all offices instead of just those in Austin or Round Rock.  Because of where I live it cuts my sources to jobs and sources to broaden my work opportunities.  If they took the money away from drug users maybe there would be more money for job hunting resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment