Friday, November 2, 2012

No To Obamacare

I do not believe in Obamacare because I want to be in charge of my health with my doctor.  I was diagnosed with Cancer at the age of 36 and I had insurance at that time.  Because of the insurance that I had, I had to see certain doctors and have certain treatment.  It was not my choice at any point what care I received.  I live in Buchanan Dam and because of my insurance, I had to travel over 1 hour each way to receive chemo treatments.  There are chemo clinics where I live but they were not covered by my insurance.  Because of this I started seeing a doctor that doesn't take insurance for my health care needs.  I would rather pay the full fee and be in charge of my health then just pay a deductible for visits that don't accomplish anything.

Currently I do not have health insurance and I don't miss it.  I can see any doctor I want and get cash discounts and be in charge of my body.  Most doctors don't want to deal with all of the paperwork that insurance causes them to deal with.  If they didn't have to mess with the insurance companies constantly, the doctors would save money and they could pass it down to their patients.  I feel more in control of my body now then I ever did with health insurance.

Obamacare takes control out of our hands and puts so many restrictions on doctors and other health care proffessionals that it ends up costing us our health.  Insurance tells the doctors what they can and can't treat and how they can treat.  Let the doctors practice medicine instead of practicing paperwork.

1 comment:

  1. In a recent blog titled "No To Obamacare", published on Hill Country Politics, Hutson expresses her opinion of “Obamacare” and shared her experience with her healthcare provider. Hutson does give a little insight of her journey with doctor visits as well as the traveling she encountered for chemotherapy treatments she received during her battle with cancer. Hutson could have given more examples of either how her health insurance is not working for her or data from a survey reflecting how health care affects others, like herself. I am sure Hutson is not the only person who feels this way towards health care. I do have to disagree with her statement regarding doctors not wanting to deal with the insurance paperwork. Doctors and others who provide medical treatments have a staff or medical billing section to handle the task of insurance paperwork. Therefore, doctors are able to practice medicine. I have been fortunate to have one of the best healthcare insurance plans from my employer even though I have to choose my doctors from a “network”. In any case regarding my health, I am in control and if I do not approve of the doctor I selected or treatments, I have the option to go elsewhere. I believe ever person with insurance has the same option as well.

    ReplyDelete